John Starnes is a licensed Enrolled Agent at People’s Tax Center, LLC specializing in tax preparation and tax controversy resolution for businesses and individuals. John’s passion is providing personalized service to people like you! Taking the mystery, complexity, and bureaucratic quicksand out of taxes, and providing an easily understandable solution custom designed for you. As a Certifying Acceptance Agent, CAA, John expedites ITIN applications and resolves issues for foreign nationals and foreign workers. As member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents he also holds the distinction of a NTPI Fellow®. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley.
For more than fourteen years John has established himself as a respected tax professional, including primary responsibility for quality assurance and tax preparation oversight at high volume tax preparation offices. He spent the first half of his career in the information technology business, managing Fortune 50 global business segments for a major computer hardware, software and services multinational.
After living in four different states growing up, John has made Michigan his family’s home. In his down time camping, sailing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, and cycling is how he relaxes. Blessed with grandchildren, he loves his time with all four of them.
Fletcher Starnes is an Enrolled Agent and Principal of People’s Tax Center, LLC. Fletcher has a broad knowledge of tax issues with a special emphasis on individuals, businesses, trusts, estates, and investments. Her extensive education, tax preparation and tax controversy experience provide her with a unique practical understanding of the tax code and the IRS. A member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents she has also holds the distinction of a NTPI Fellow®. Her personalized client focused approach is appreciated by her diverse group of clients. Excellent at decoding the complexities of tax and presenting understandable real-world solutions and finally executing the plan is her specialty.
Her career includes major assignments within the tax departments of various banks and large multinational non-profits. She has provided quality assurance and tax preparation oversight at high volume tax preparation offices. Fletcher graduated summa cum laude and holds a Bachelor of Science in Finance from the North Adams State College, Massachusetts.
People’s Tax Center, LLC delivers tax expertise and services to individuals, families and businesses year-round. We’re here for one reason, and that’s you! We provide that personalized service you used to be able to take for granted, but is so hard to find today:
- You will meet and speak directly with the only person who’s responsible for your tax return.
- You will receive an understandable explanation how your life and business events affect taxable income, deductible expenses, credits, refunds, payments or tax notices.
- You will receive a price quote before we start working
- We will promptly follow up and complete all our commitments
- You can have follow-up conversations when life, business or family situations impact taxes throughout the year
- We will apply our education and knowledge ethically to provide you the best outcome
- You have the option of virtual interaction if your busy life requires. We fully support secure file transfers, electronic signatures, e-filing, email, client portal, and video conferencing.
- Although a Michigan based firm, our clients stretch from New York to California, from Texas to Wisconsin and beyond the US borders to Europe, Asia and South America.
Our work is separated into two practices:
- Tax Planning, Preparation and Filing
- income, payroll, trusts, estates, international, cities and states
- Tax Controversy Representation for
- Audits, Collections, and Appeals
People’s Tax Center is committed to quality, which is reflected by the fact that both principals are Enrolled Agents, federally licensed tax practitioners who also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the IRS. People’s Tax Center is proud to operate under the auspices of IRS Publication 230. You’re encouraged to confirm our credentials through the IRS or NAEA websites.
Education and continual training are fundamental to our practice, and we are committed to maintaining and expanding our knowledge across federal and state tax laws and processes. The two principals are active members of the National Association of Tax Professionals, and the National Association of Enrolled Agents, its Michigan affiliate, and hold the distinction of a NTPI Fellow®.
People’s Tax Center believes strongly in giving back to the community. We have served on the pro-bono panel of a Detroit based Low Income Tax Clinic resolving tax controversies as well as providing hundreds of hours working at Detroit’s Focus Hope tax clinic.